Hi Jeanie

There’s evidence to suggest that other dimensions exist, String theory suggests that there may be 11 but there’s no way to test that at the moment so it’s not really a theory in the scientific sense just a hypothesis.

One of the findings of all this is that, being closed, we can’t know what is ‘outside’ the universe. God could well live out there and we would never be able to know.

In the end we do reach a point where we have to use judgement. Many here don’t like the idea that the universe could appear exactly as it does today without god but all the maths of big bang cosmology and the physical sciences that go with it say exactly that. Many more here have a problem with the idea that evolution could produce the vast array of organisms that we see around us but again all the science suggests exactly that. Science can’t say that there is no god but it continues to show that he is unnecessary, that the universe and life look exactly the way you would expect if there were no god but then, as I said earlier, maybe that’s his plan.

In the end, so long as you don’t force your beliefs onto others, then if it makes you feel good to believe in god then you should have the freedom to do so.

Let me ask you one hard question. Don’t answer this till you are feeling better. If someone could “prove to you” that what I have been explaining is the absolute truth about the universe, that god didn’t do it, that god is not involved and probably doesn’t exist, how would that affect your life? No god’s, no afterlife, no souls just human animals trying to make our way in the universe, how would that affect you Jeanie?

All the best

Russell

For every lone genius working away in solitude that shifted the paradigm, shattered the pedestal, or smashed the status quo, ten thousand quacks didn't understand the paradigm, couldn't find the pedestal, or whiffed when swinging at the status quo.