Carbohydrates are readily available in foods. The point of the diet is reduce or avoid the foods containing high amounts of them, which in turn potentially feed candida. I have had no such depression or what you've mentioned from reducing high carbs in my diet JK. In fact, because of high carbohydrates, I was in a much worse state. Though getting off sugar, wheat/gluten and yeast improved me - it was not enough later on when I had other issues happen (virus etc). Because of sugars/high carbohydrate foods, I had been feeding my candida and in turn, I lost my appetite and lost weight and became underweight.

When I went on the proper diet and reduced the high carb foods as well and started to consume more protein in meat and eggs and upped my healthy fat intake (butter etc), my weight normalised. I am now neither underweight nor overweight and my diet consists of meat (chicken, beef, liver, lamb etc), eggs, low carbohydrate vegetables, yoghurt (sugar free acidophilus) and some raw nuts (almonds/brazil) and I consume herbal or black tea as liquids and vitamin drinks.

The problem is, some people may not consume enough proteins and good fats with such a diet and I think they are very necessary. They allowed me to gain a normal amount of weight, yet not put on too many pounds.

I am 5 foot 5 and approximately 9 and 3/4 stone (maybe about 130 something pounds - 60 something kg) Thereabouts. Sometimes it goes down a bit, or over a bit, but it remains more-a-less balanced.

My weight because of this has remained stable throughout and my appetite has increased to becoming more healthy and normal. High carbohydrate foods did not do this for me, either they caused me to become overweight, or underweight. My moods were not helped by high carbohydrate foods. My energy levels were even worse! If that's possible. Even consuming a piece of fruit will cause a massive relapse. that's how serious it is for me.

you can get alot of energy from proteins/fats. You only have to read Dr Weston Price's studies in the healthiest cultures around the world.

This diet actually helped balance out my mood and alleviate depression and loss of appetite. However, since a bout of probiotics, I have been a mess, so right now I can't confidentally claim much at all. BUT, I HAD been doing fine on the diet up until that point! Though cheating on the diet brought pretty dire consequences - getting back on the diet and recovering and maintaining that allowed me to do a course and start studying. I had not been doing anything in YEARS. It allowed me to feel more energetic and I was able to study more.

However, as I said, a load of probiotics changed all that. Not sure how, but whatever it's done or erupted has been nightmarish and it's not something my already challenged system by other problems was obviously able to handle. I feel the candida is worse than ever because of it, OR something else has occured.

But certainly I know of a number of people consuming a low carbohdyrate diet with plenty of protein and fats who feel better than they have in years. Some gain cures, others like myself with more underlying problems going on may only find it a help to manage their condition better, rather than a cure.

Sorry to hyjack the thread here Linda. I am very happy to hear you are gaining symptoms from the chelation. This is a good sign and it appears it may also be helping you! This is encouraging news. Keep it up!