Bex, thanks for the reassurance. It helps to know that others have been through this (though I'm sorry for that). I'm going to stick with it. I hope cutting the supplements out tomorrow will help.

When you start the ALA, would you like to do a thread about your own experience? I'd be interested and I'm sure everyone here would love to support you. Best of luck

No problem Linda. Definitely don't give up. Breaks are fine, but don't throw the towel in. I think the ALA will be working on the organ mercury you may have a big storage of and the symptoms are not usually suppressed with ALA chelation. DMSA may help somewhat, but will not cancel them out entirely.

Yeah, I'll report what happens with the ALA. Though not sure if I should start a thread on it, as my past trials of ALA lead to "nothing" except some worst yeast.....so I'm not sure whether that is going to be very interesting for people to read lol. I'll just post or add to a post as I see anything occuring.

I have been very bad on my diet recently. I cheated/binged big time. Fed up with how I was feeling following the probiotic use. Nothing was really abating much. I just got fed up. It's been an interesting test. I must say (unless I'm speaking too soon), I think that perhaps the probiotics may have done something afterall. I have not detected quite the same impact of cheating that I used to. I felt worst after it almost immediately this time, but I didn't take long to start bouncing back. Whereas in the past? I'd not notice the effects so quickly, but they would hit the next day and I'd take weeks to improve again. But again, it's still early days, so the test is still on to see how I go as I'm back on my good diet today.

So is this coincidence? Perhaps over time I have eliminated more toxins too (I noted that exercise would produce a feeling of metals coming out), and I'm sure that is part of it. But I do wonder if the probiotics may well have planted a bit more good bacteria there and maybe there is a bit more assertive action going on down there? Even though they have created utter havoc in me and much suffering in the process. I've also not noticed the strange sleepiness that used to come over me (post antibiotics) and that would wipe me out and cause me to lie down on my bed for a rest and then go into a deep sleep which I would not wake up from till morning. I don't notice that now....well not as much. I'm back on my good diet today, so I'll see where that takes me.

I would really like to include a few other things in my diet like non gluten grain and limited fruit intake. I'm hoping I can try those out at some point. I'm going back to being strict and then I'll try introducing some natural carbs (instead of doing a binge on the bad stuff). If it turns out I can? Then I'll have to concede that the probiotics have indeed done something positive. However, I have gone through hell for 2 months now following their use. So they have possibly erupted a load of toxins/bad bacteria which my body has struggled to cope with ever since.

Also there is the risk of the methylation of mercury too. But ever since a course of antibiotics was given to me about 2 years ago for severe complication from a flu (infection), I have had big issues. Even a natural healthy cheat on a piece of fruit would then send me into a complete relapse (taking about 8 weeks to recover from). That was never the case before the antibiotics. Once I had control of my yeast, a cheat would only take me a day to recover from. So the difference was marked after antibiotics and it was not something I was recovering from either. That is NO way to live. So I think I needed to do something and probiotics seemed the best thing at the time. Maybe it was? I don't know. I may need to take more of it if that's the case, but I'm not in any hurry.