Hi Bex,

Thanks as always for sharing your experiences. You're right in a way, I'm taking half the amount of DMSA as ALA because the DMSA costs so much. Though it really seems to work this way; I haven't had anything like the problems I had that day when I took ALA alone. Gut problems have vanished now, and no headaches.

I just know how "strict" they are at FDC and I know they wouldn't condone what I've done; one of their rules is that you should never increase a chelator by more than half of the dose, and you should increase them one at a time. They advise people to go really slowly with things. It's a cautious approach that no doubt helps many people, but I personally don't have the patience for it and I think my body is OK to go faster than that.

As for how long to keep the round going . . . not sure. I'm a bit frightened of redistribution symptoms. But what you just said has made me think again. Maybe it's best to let my body rest once in a while. I certainly am fatigued. Cycling to and from work is pretty tough right now.

I'm also being revisited by other old symptoms. The insomnia is ongoing. I had been really pleased to find that during the depths of winter, when the SAD is worst, I haven't had the early evening sleepiness/early morning waking, and it was wonderful to be alert in the evenings. I've given that back up now, it's sleepytime at 8pm and I usually wake up at 4am, though I can at least get back to sleep. The absentmindedness has returned too, and I have to be extra careful about that.

Inroads have not yet been made with emotional numbness, hormone balances or neurotransmitters, as far as I can tell. This is where I really need help the most. It's "brain" stuff but the ALA seems to be taking its time. I'm doing my best to have faith.

Actually, I've been reading a book that says we should be making positive affirmations about this stuff. By declaring all these symptoms to exist, and by saying "I need" and "I want," these thoughts will draw that to me -- the symptoms, and me being in need and want. I should be saying, "I am enjoying wonderful health." I can't quite manage that, so I'm saying, "Wonderful and deep healing and health are coming to me now." And I get rid of every negative thought contrary to this.

It is very hard!
Erm, I mean it's simple and natural . . . yeah . . .