the Liverlife's ingredients are ok. I personally think I over supplemented when I was sicker with mercury just because I was desperate to get better, and I think it made it worse in many ways. Its a tough situation because you desperately want relief and many times you just end up digging the hole deeper. Mercury toxic people are often sensitive to many supplements, and its wise to introduce supplements one at a time, with at least a few days to understand if its making you feel better or worse. The biggest issue I think, is that many people claim its just a detox reaction, and to keep on taking certain supplements, but its more likely redistribution, meaning you are just stirring up mercury and moving it around causing damage.

I would ignore the doctor and NOT supplement your brother with NAC. A basic set of supplements that would be helpful until the amalgams are removed would be : B-50, vitamin C, Magnesium, Zinc, and Vitamin E. Selenium makes some people feel better, some feel worse. The Cod Liver Oil and Liverlife should be fine to take as well.

OSR and other chelating agents should be avoided until the amalgams are removed. If you continue it before removal, there is a chance no bad reactions would happen, but there is also a chance that it could make your brother worse. He might seem ok taking OSR now but there is still a good chance for complications while the fillings are still in. The only safe way to assist excretion of mercury with amalgams in is sweating, so using a sauna is an option.