Me, I wanted to do "natural" chelation first, after amalgam removal (which did make me feel worse). I had a lot of garlic and coriander (cilantro). I also got a tincture called HMD. All of these things simply made me feel weird and spacy. It was only when I started DMSA and ALA that I began to improve. The improvement carried on for a month or two, until I was back to how I'd felt before amalgam removal. I'm not sure what benefit they've given me after that, but I know 2 facts: 1.) DMSA and ALA got rid of the mercury from my amalgam removal, and 2.) They've never made me feel permanently worse. If I've had a difficult round, I've been OK after it's ended.

I did feel a little better this morning; the strain that the chelators seem to have put on my adrenals is gone. But I'm still in an unusually bad way, as I have been. The fatigue came back and I ended up collapsing into bed for a few hours, though I wasn't really sleepy and I don't seem to have benefitted from it. All of my willpower was just about gone this morning, regarding my diet, and I was going to go out and get stuff. All of those things I wanted had lots of milk in them as well as sugar, so I figured it was worth persevering with this dairy-free thing a little longer yet. It's been 2 1/2 weeks, I'll give it 1 1/2 more just to be absolutely sure. Then if that doesn't work . . . chelators again I guess.