Inert, it sounds like your life was strongly affected by certain prescriptions. Many people have had this problem. But regardless of what you think, not all pills make things worse...though most really are unnecessary and over prescribed. I would never recommend statins or antidepressants in any situation.

I don't take any Rx's, don't trust doctors, and haven't been to one in 8 years, but many people recovering from mercury poisoning do find great improvement by taking things like 'Armour Thyroid' and 'Cortisol (adrenal hormone)', and with this improvement they can focus on chelating, thereby removing the source of there illness. I never got to the point where I needed Armour Thyroid or Cortisol but many people here have, and unless you know what that feels like I wouldn't judge them so coldly. These things are like crutches if you break a leg. Try breaking a leg and getting around without crutches, you won't get very far, but if you use the crutches while the leg heals at one point you can leave the crutches behind.