JESUS CHRIST OUR CREATOR

The Powers of God ~

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty." (Revelation 1:8)
-- bible

~~IN these days of rampant humanism, blatant materialism, and effete religionism, the very concept of an all- powerful God who created, controls, and judges all things seems anachronistic, but God is still 'there' and is still the Almighty.

Three Greek words are translated "power" in Scripture-- exousia ("authority"), dunamis ("ability"), and Kratos (strength"). Each is attributed in unlimited extent to God the CREATOR as incarnate in Christ the Redeemer. "All power ['authority'] is given unto me in heaven and in earth" (Matthew 28:18). "For thine is the kingdom, and the power ['ability], and the glory, for ever" (Matthew 6:13. "That ye may know ...the exceeding greatness of his power ['ability'] to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power ['strength'], Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power ['authority'], and might, and dominion" (Ephesians 1:18-21).

He is the "Almighty God" of Abraham (Genesis 17:1), "the everlasting God, the LORD, the CREATOR of the ends of the earth" (Isaiah 40:28). "Our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased" (Psalm 115:3).

God can do whatever He pleases, except anything contrary to His nature. He "cannot lie" (Titue 1:2), for He is "the truth" (John 14:6). His inspired word is inerrant--"the scripture of truth" (Daniel 10:21).

We can be certain that He did not "create" the world by evolution, for that would be contradicted both by His infallible Word and by His omnipotence. Being all-powerful, God would surely not create by such a cruel, inefficient process as evolution. ~
----
Institute for CREATION - cross
Reasearch ~~/HMM

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]