I know this thread is old but I felt I had to comment and make corrections. I'm struggling with Copper overload and I've done a lot of reading and research on the subject. Esp. Anne Louis Gittleman's book "Why Am I So Tired". Very informative book about Copper overload. It saved my life.

Originally Posted by HammerSmoke82

And B-6 seems to help with the copper symptoms (b complex actually seems to make my symptoms worse).

It's not the B-Complex that's making your symptoms worse, it's the Copper coming out faster because of the B-Complex.
It's the copper dumping symptoms. This is to be expected. B-Complex is good for the Adrenals. Copper overload and Adrenal fatigue are often interconnected. So if you're having these symptoms, it's most likely copper dumping symptoms.

That's interesting because milk thistle made my symptoms BIG time worse. I couldn't handle milk thistle.

The liver is the primary target for Copper overload. The Milk thistle is just doing it's job. Things will get worse before they get better... If you're interested in trying something else, Anne recommends Black Radish Root for the liver.

Does going for a walk stir up you symptoms? it does for me.

Again, of course it does. Exercise brings toxins out. So it's understandable your symptoms would appear to worsen during this activity. It also depends on the severity of the Copper overload and how strenuous the exercise is.

Originally Posted by joey joe joe jr
But the thing that I find most stirs up symptoms is taking a hot shower, which is really weird.

Copper Overload is connected to other conditions. Hypoglycemia, diabetes, adrenal fatigue etc. Taking a hot shower affected me as well. I forget the actual reason but it's because of your body temperature. Hot days (for me) also affected my symptoms. It could be the stress of the heat or a contributing condition that is a result of the Copper overload.

Originally Posted by Anonymous

I've been taking high doses of C because I thought it is an antagonist to copper, but reading your post made me unsure.....

You are correct. It is a antagonist to copper and helps chelate it out of the body. Copper depletes vitamin C so you'd want to take a supplement for that. Anne Louis Gittleman recommends anywhere from 500mg-3000mg. Nothing over 5 though. Too much can affect other nutrients.

I like Green Tea because it crosses the blood brain barrier (or so I've read).

From what I've read from Anne's book, Teas are a no no.

Hi Ann.
I'm sorry vegetarianism didn't work for you. I actually got better after becoming a vegetarian

You "feel" better. But that's just the copper overload. Vegan and Vegetarian diets are extremely high in copper. It creates a copper personality. It makes you "feel" like your healthy. But you're really not.

I believe I was born with Copper overload but it didn't directly affect me health wise until I went on a vegetarian diet. I felt so alive and healthy on it. And then a year later my hair started falling out and I started developing all these symptoms (adrenal fatigue, hypoglycemia, diabetes etc). So I went back on meat and dairy and that seem to make it worse. But I look back now, it was just certain meats (high in copper) and the milk that was exacerbating my symptoms. Milk is high in calcium. And too much calcium can exacerbate Copper overload... And to make matters worse, I have one kidney. So I only have one adrenal gland. The adrenals and Copper are interconnected. So it perhaps made me more susceptible to Copper overload issues.

Sometimes it all gets too much and I honestly feel suicidal, because there is no help and support, and I just don't know what to eat anymore.

If you're feeling like this on a Vegetarian diet, you seriously need to consider changing it. Otherwise, you will not get better. Anne Louis Gittleman does not recommend a vegan or vegetarian diet because of the high copper content. If you feel religiously about it, she recommends you take a copper free multivitamin and the vitamins and minerals suggested to chelate the copper out of your system. But you are doing your body a disservice with the diet.

You have to remember that the symptoms you are experiencing are Copper dumping symptoms and if you are taking the recommended vitamins and minerals, this is to be expected. Just remember these symptoms are normal and you are not alone.

I am taking upwards of 250 mg of zinc per day spread out about 2000 mcg of mollybednum along with b vitamins and magnesium for my copper overload. Zinc and moly sounds alot, however I do a zinc taste test and I still fail every time.

I hope your doing this under the supervision of a doctor because 250mg of Zinc can be pretty dangerous and can affect other nutrients in the body and perhaps make things worse. 100mg should be the maximum.