I just told my MW about possibly not having the shot at my 28 week check up which is still far away as I'm only 11 weeks.

I had the shot with my last two during my last two pregnancies and after all 3 pregnancies. My son is autistic and my youngest daughter has sensory issues (no where near as bad as my son though). At those times the RhoGam shot still contained 25-35 mcgs of thimerosal ... isn't that lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With everything I have read so far, I'm really considering NOT having the shot during this pregnancy and the nurse proceeded to tell me that she didn't think they could treat me if I didn't have the shot at 28 weeks .... I told her I didn't understand why not? As long as we still have freedom no one is forced to take any vaccine!?!

She called the "director" in and she proceeded to "inform" me about how I'm taking a HUGE risk with maybe not this pregnancy but with all my future pregnancies (hubby and I want a big family, but it's ultimately God's decision) so I talk to her a bit and when she saw I was not changing my mind she did the whole guilt trip .... "well, I hope you know what you're doing. I hope you are in that LUCKY 5% that won't become sensitized during pregnancy (never heard that number before?). And I hope you know that your future pregnancies are at such a higher risk! I have never had anyone refuse this shot except for you. I don't see why you want to put your baby and future babies at risk ... but that is your decision and YOU WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH WHAT YOU DECIDE!!"

Well, I said thank you very much and went on with my appt. She also noted it in my chart that I REFUSED the shot even after the dangers were explain to me.

I need to research more but as of now, my answer is no on the 28 week shot UNLESS something happens to cause a blood mix.

I am extremely grateful for this thread. I created one myself last night, but saw this thread this morning and wanted to answer.

My thanks to you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faithfully in Christ, AutiMama Mom to 3 & 1 due in Sept 2008. May the Lord bless each and everyone of you! Autism - Now effecting 1 in every 150 and in some states more!