Originally Posted by TruJerz

so everytime I get some bloodwork done my calcium levels seems to fluctuate..sometimes its borderline high and other times its slightly high. But my vitamin d levels remain low

my question is this..is it okay for someone with borderline/slightly high levels of calcium to supplement with vitamin d3? and if so, how much?

-Vitamin D3 Supplements
It is not always practical to get your vitamin D from sunshine, and quite difficult to get adequate amounts from your diet so for many people, a vitamin D supplement is a practical way to ensure adequate levels of this important protector are always available in your bloodstream.

Since a large body of science shows vitamin D works closely with calcium and magnesium, it is best to take your vitamin D in combination with calcium and magnesium to maintain a proper balance. Recent literature also shows most calcium supplements have too little vitamin D to be effective. And some of them use synthetic vitamin D2. A much better form is natural vitamin D3 which stays in your system longer and with more effect.
-----
From the above report I would say that it is FINE to take the D3 with the Calcium. The question of how much? I have a bottle of Vit.D3, which reads, "Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement for adults, take 1 softgel daily with a meal."
This is 2000 I.U. Natural Vitamin D3.
--------
Comments or Questions? 1-800-925-4733
-I hope this helps you.