-LIKE JESUS

-1 John 2:5-11
---
-Sometimes we make the mistake of viewing the Bible as a list of rules. Certainly obeying God (John 14:21) and spending time with Him are important, but not because we need to be rule-keepers. Jesus and the Father had a loving relationship.

When we have a relationship with God, we desire to spend time with Him and obey Him so we can become more like Jesus. John said, "He who says he abides in [Jesus] ought himself also to walk just as He walked" (1 John 2:6). He's the example we can follow.When we want to understand how to love, or how to be humble, or how to have faith, or even how to set our priorities, we can look at Jesus and follow His heart. cross

Even David remembered the past by contemplating the good that God had done, "meditate on all [His] works; ...muse on the work of [His ] hands" (Ps. 143:5). As we call to mind the loving-kindness of the Lord, we can see His blessings through the years.

These blessings are the memories that foster the highest good. They evoke a deep longing for more of God and more of His tender care. They transform the past into a place of familiarity and fellowship with our Lord.

I have promised you My presence
With you everywhere you go;
I will never, never leave you
As you travel here below.~~

----
-FELLOWSHIP WITH CHRIST IS THE SECRET OF HAPPINESSS NOW AND FOREVER!
ODB/DR & AC

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]