-Fairy Star,
Below you will see the only information I have found regarding Thiol Resins. I will add the link, in case you want to check it out further.

star --Thiol Resins
There are several types of intestinal binders, but only a couple of them work well for grabbing mercury. Dr. Shade’s favorite binder is thiol resin, because it’s the most specific to heavy metals (mercury, lead and arsenic) and produces high rates of excretion. Thiol resins have a powerful attraction for mercury.

<http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/01/13/mercury-detoxification-protocol.aspx>
----
Algin absorbs heavy Metal Ions, encouraging normal elimation. I wouldn't say it is a Chelator. There are other things to take for that. If you are feeling fine, why do you feel you need to take something else? I did read your article 3 times, and you said you are taking Algin 2 times in small doses. WHAT? I don't understand that?
You asked if Pacific Kelp is the same as Algin. / Kelp Brown Algae is high in natural iodine / Kelp soda ash. /

Sodium Aglinate (from brown seaweed) comes in capsules, which comes from this site, 'Only the Best Herbs'. There are other things you can find, if you scroll to the Topic H/G Mercury, THEN look at the top of that forum's page, and read the various testimonies of what worked for others. You will find Russ and his protocol on there.

I hope this helps you. As I said, I do not know where to get the Thiol Resin. Please follow the link provided or look on in Internet ,as I did. Thank you.

Thiol Resin is found almost at the bottom of the website mentioned above. They may be able to help you more. We do not sell Thiol Resin, and don't know where it can be purchased. Thank you, and hope you are feeling better.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]