I need some advice about chelation but probably not focused on mercury. I have had a pain in my sinuses for five years with other symptoms like lack of energy, insomnia, pain in my eyes, neck stiffness and pain, and other things. The pain feels like burning and pressure and its very constant, it has been hell, nothing has been found yet. Recently I went to a psychiatrist but he told me to first get a toxicity test for heavy metals and then some chelation to see if I improve, but he doesn't know much about it. He is the first of many doctors to give this advice. The reason he said so is that he asked what do I do for work, and it involves sanding metal wires that contain mainly iron
% weight
Iron 75-99
Chromium < .10
Nickel < .10
Lead .004
These numbers where given by the manufacturer but they didn't specify other metals as clearly seen by the wide range in the Iron content. However I did some research and in addition it could have Manganese, Aluminum, and Copper, in similar quantities as the Chromium, Nickle and Lead. I calculated that I have been exposed to about 2.5 pounds of this metal in the form of dust per year for the past seven years or so. I did this by assuming a sanding rate of 10% of the whole batch, the batch being between 25 and 30 pounds used per year.
So I searched for iron toxicity and the symptoms don't seem to be bad, what I don't know is if this iron is not the same as the iron we get from food, so perhaps since its in a different form it can deposit in tissues and not be used by the body, so I am not sure if it should be a concern. I then searched for heavy metal detox and found the product sold by Dr. George John HMD Ultimate Detox Pack http://www.detoxmetals.com/products/HMD-Ultimate-Detox-Pack.html

But after this I found this forum because I wanted to know about opinions, and found this post http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=42755#.U2VtQ_ldXEZ
Which says that Chlorella is not good, specially for mercury, so I am worried about that since I do have seven mercury fillings, and then they recommend the guide by Dr. Andrew Cutler, but this seems to be aimed at mercury. So I have no idea if that should be more important than the metals I have been working with, I thought not, so I though to maybe just get the HMD and lavage without the chlorella, but then some other forum members recommended DMSA but that seems to mainly deal with the mercury, while the HMD seems to work with many heavy metals in similar proportions of chelation, but I am not sure about the Iron. So I would appreciate some guidance about this. I will be getting a heavy metal test done this week but am very anxious to already know what treatment to get without having to read the whole Dr. Cutler's guide, specially since it seems to be intended for mercury. On the other hand I don't want to make a mistake of getting mercury into the brain or other parts and make things worse by taking something dangerous since I don't know how much could I have.

My main theory right now is that my sinuses have accumulated the most metals from the metal dust and it has made it dysfunctional because its hurting as if I had a really bad sinus infection and inflammation, but I have seem a couple of ENT's and they have looked with cameras, I had ct-scans, xrays, and mri's done and every seems ok, but I haven't had any kind of mucous excretion over this period of time when before the pain and symptoms started I did at least once a year had a period of mucous excretion, so it seems to be unhealthy not to have it while the sinuses hurt and feel inflammated with a strong burning sensation. So because of this I thought that maybe there was something I could use directly into the nose for chelation or something like that to be more effective, but if not then the normal chelation should help as well if I have toxicity.

Also I have a tendency for inflammation because I had huge tonsils since I was a kid even thou I rarely had infection (they where removed two years ago), and I have hashimotos with thyroid inflammation.

I read this detox plan by Russ and am considering it, however again it seems aimed at mercury when my biggest problem might be lead, chromium, and nickle. http://orbisvitae.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=64142#Post64142

I was thinking about getting the lavage by Dr. George, it contains a bunch of good herbs for detox, anti-inflammation, anti-oxidant and anti-bacterial properties. Here is a description of the ingredients http://www.detoxmetals.com/pages/HMD-Ingredients.html

And getting algin, ala, and some vitamins, but I dont know if I should get chlorella from NaturalNews, and to chose DMSA, EDTA, DMPS, or the Heavy Metal Detox by Dr. George, or the HDM by Natures Sunshine, which is actually listed by Russ in phase 10 of the posted plan.

Lastly, I made this calculation recently for the first time to have an idea of what metals and in what quantities I might had ingested every year. So lets assume I ingested 10% of the whole 2.5 pound average metal in the form of dust, which seems fair but I am not sure assuming that it would get ingested by the skin (I never use long sleeve shirts) and the lungs even with a decent mask and eye wear, so it would be 113 milligrams of Nickel and Chromium per year, and 45 milligrams of Lead. Now multiply that by say, seven years, and I might have probably ingested a total of 791 milligrams of Nickle and Chromium and 315 milligrams of Lead. Not to mention the Iron which is 99% of the 2.5 pounds, by 10% its 113 grams per year, and a total of 791 grams for seven years for the Iron. This is without counting the other metals the the blend contains for these wires, which was not fully given by the manufacturer as it could be noted by the wide range of Iron content ranging from 75 to 99%. I am thinking if those quantities are truly dangerous or not, it kind of seems worse than I thought by looking at this math thou, so I am guessing that those three metals should have some priority over the mercury, or at least be at par with it when it comes to considering a chelation treatment. I will not be exposed to the dust directly and will not be sanding it anymore. Also, I have been exposed to fiberglass and paint fumes, which include Hexane, Toluene, Heptane, Petroleum Distillates, and Methyl Ethyl Ketone. I tried to do some research on those but have not found much information about its toxicity, so I am guessing it might not be too dangerous.

Thanks to all for taking the time to read all of this and make a reply, I appreciate every advice I can get. Again, I am very anxious to start chelation soon after I get the test done, which is a blood test and I am guessing it might not show anything because heavy metals bind into tissues as I have read, so its the second test that is important.

Last edited by sickvoyager; 05/05/14 12:10 PM.