Originally Posted by Kat
Thank you for your thoughtful response, Abigail. I read that article, DMPS backfire. One thing I noted about it was that the woman received an injection of DMPS. According to Dr. Cutler, injection or IV of DMPS or DMSA is a no no. Too much, too fast. DMPS is the chelator of choice in Europe, especially Germany (from what I've read). You're right, it all depends on the body; some react badly to DMSA; some to DMPS. The most progress I've attained has come from studying other peoples experiences and then trying what they've had success with.
I don't understand the problems with ALA. According to Dr. Cutler, it is the key to chelation. I've found very few people who have the hair loss side effect. It is definitely a result of mercury as it flares when mercury is stirred up in my body.
I also have leaky gut. Unfortunately, everything I've tried to heal that problem (probiotics, digestive enzymes, l-glutamine, coconut oil) causes my hair loss to explode also. Have you every heard of anything like that? or have you experienced problems with leaky gut?
I'm upping the Algin - it does seem to help. thanks again for the feedback.

Hello Kat, smile
It's nice to hear from you once again. I have C&P an article for you to read. Yes, Russ has also said that the ALA is the best to use. I sent you the article on the lowest dose available. I hope that helped some. Once again, every one's bodies are made differently. We just have to learn to adjust to what helps. And leave out what harms, or go slowly with the intake. Yes, I take several natural supplements, and RX meds as needed. So this is mixing up in the stomach causing some of the symptoms you are experiencing. frown / I am turning the light on, and if Russ wants to add anything he will be in later.

Yes, DO take the ALGIN. If you can, take it 2 / 3X's daily as the directions indicate.
-------------
star KAT, this is an article from Dr.Weil's forum. I will attach the address at the bottom.
Q
What Is Leaky Gut?

It has been suggested to my wife by an alternative medical practitioner that her varied gastrointestinal symptoms may be the result of "leaky gut." What is this?
A
Answer (Published 12/12/2005)

Leaky gut syndrome is not generally recognized by conventional physicians, but evidence is accumulating that it is a real condition that affects the lining of the intestines. The theory is that leaky gut syndrome (also called increased intestinal permeability), is the result of damage to the intestinal lining, making it less able to protect the internal environment as well as to filter needed nutrients and other biological substances. As a consequence, some bacteria and their toxins, incompletely digested proteins and fats, and waste not normally absorbed may "leak" out of the intestines into the blood stream. This triggers an autoimmune reaction, which can lead to gastrointestinal problems such as abdominal bloating, excessive gas and cramps, fatigue, food sensitivities, joint pain, skin rashes, and autoimmunity. The cause of this syndrome may be chronic inflammation, food sensitivity, damage from taking large amounts of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS), cytotoxic drugs and radiation or certain antibiotics, excessive alcohol consumption, or compromised immunity.
<http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA361058/what-is-leaky-gut.html>