-- fyi
--And there's even more information on the Health Benefits of Strawberries.
Check it out:

~~The Strawberry is called ‘the queen of fruits” In Asian countries because it’s packed with health benefits. Compared to fruits like apples, oranges or bananas, strawberries have the highest amount of nutrients.

These juicy heart-shaped delights have much more to offer beyond sweetness and flavor. I consider them a power-food.

“Strawberries are the angels of the earth, innocent & sweet with green leafy wings reaching heavenward.” – Jasmine Heiler

I love strawberries. I’m so happy when strawberries are finally in season and growing in my garden. They rarely make it to the fridge since I eat them as soon as I pick them.

---More Health Benefits of Strawberries

--1.) Helps burn stored fat
--The red coloring contains anthocyanins, which stimulate the burning of stored fat. When a group of animals was fed a high-fat diet along with anthocyanins, they gained 24 percent less weight than the animals eating the high-fat diet without added anthocyanins. (The Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry)

--2.) Boost short term memory
--The anthocyanins boost short term memory by 100 percent in eight weeks. (The Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry)

--3.) Low in Calories – High in Fiber
--One cup contains only 54 calories.

--4.) Ease Inflammation
--Strawberries lower blood levels of C-reactive protein (CRP), a signal of inflammation in the body. In a study, women who ate 16 or more strawberries per week were 14 percent less likely to have elevated levels of CRP. (Harvard School of Public Health.)

--5.) Lower cardiovascular disease-
--Flavonoids — which are responsible for the colour and flavour of strawberries — lower the risk for heart disease.

--Be sure to get strawberries fresh, now in season and so delicious!