--JESUS IS THE ONLY OPTION~~ [FIRST JOHN]
------ bible
--Tolerance. A prized virtue today. The ability to be understanding of those with whom you differ is a sign of sophistication. Jesus, too, was a champion of tolerance:

---Tolerant of the disciples when they doubted.
---Tolerant of the crowds when they misunderstood.
---Tolerant of us when we fall.

But there is one area where Jesus was intolerant. There was one area where He was unindulgent and dogmatic. Were He to share His opinion today, He would be accused of being narrow, biased, one-sided, even bigoted.

But as far as He was concerned, when it comes to salvation, there aren't several roads...there is only one road. There aren't several ways...there is only one way...there aren't several paths...there is only one path. And that path is Jesus Himself.

That is why it is so hard for people to believe in Jesus. It's much easier to consider Him one of several options rather than 'the' option. But such a philosophy is no option. Jesus closed that door. Jesus positioned Himself as the peerless Savior of the world. In defining who He is, Jesus is bold and unapologetic.

His disciple John was equally firm.

First John was written to dispel doubts about Jesus. False teachers had entered the church, denying the incarnation of Christ. John steps up to the bench and makes His defense. John knew Him, walked with Him, lived with Him. He saw Him heal. He heard His words. John had been to the empty tomb and He knew...Jesus is not one of many options. He is the 'only' option or nothing at all.

There are times to be tolerant. And there are times to take a stand for truth. In this letter, John takes a stand.
Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. cross No one comes to the Father except through Me." -(JOHN 14:6) ~~

--[1 JOHN / INTRODUCTION/ML=Life Lessons Study Bible]
--'King of My Heart' / Jeremy Riddle & Steffany Gretzinger~~
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6_BLuhr0HQ>
---------------

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]