Hi All:

I realize that the idea of 'Ionic Foot Baths' (IFB) can seem very convincing, and I'm sorry to have to rain on the parade, but I feel I must point out that anyone who has learned how to make Colloidal Silver (CS) can see at once what these baths are really about.

Both procedures, IFB and CS, use electrolysis - the setting up of a small current of electricity between two electrodes that are immersed in water. When making CS it's extremely important to use the PUREST water available. It's also important to control the current so that it never exceeds 1.0 milliamp.

If the water is impure and contains a lot of minerals (as is the case with most tap water), or if the current is too high, you will get exactly the same results as these 'Ionic Foot Baths'; you will end up with dirty discolored water. The sludge and discoloration will have come from the electrodes, and from the impurities in the water which will have undergone chemical changes by reacting with electricity. The various colors that have been reported could simply be the product of the kind of mineral salts, such as sea salt, that have been added to the starting solution.

You can very easily duplicate what happens in an 'Ionic Foot Bath' by connecting up three nine-volt batteries to two wires, stripping the ends of the wires, inserting them in a jar of water, and adding a pinch of sea salt or some other mineral salt. Cloudiness and discoloration should appear fairly quickly, and sludge will eventually build up on your electrodes if you let this little experiment in electrolysis run for half an hour or so.

A foot bath is always nice and refreshing. An 'Ionic Foot Bath' is probably even more stimulating. But to suppose that the resultant debris has actually been drawn from deep inside your body is, I'm sorry to say, really stretching the imagination. The impurities in tap water, which are normally invisible to the naked eye, quickly become visible when you run a current of electricity through it.

Regards,

romano.