Originally Posted by oolongmonkey
I've been doing a nutritional balancing detox. It involves supplementation, infrared sauna, and enemas. It's helped many of my symptoms

One morning about 6 weeks ago I woke up to a tinnitus explosion. I couldn't hear out of my left ear, I was disoriented and had a visual flicker in my vision. The visual flicker dissapeared after a few hours, 90% of the hearing returned after a few weeks but 6 months in the tinnitus is still blaring.

Does anyone have a hypothesis as to what this could be? Could I have done irreparable damage by displacing toxins into my inner ear? If it is reperable anything I can do to heal if? Thanks guys. I'm feeling desperate. Many sleepless nights and stresss.

--- smile Hello oolongmonkey,
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I suffer 24/7s with the tinnitus. My case is a result from brain surgery done several years ago. Yet the tinnitus remains.
You must be extra careful regarding the supplements that you are taking. You can scroll back and read the Andy Cutler protocol and it gives much information. Do not take aspirin. Stop exposure to toxic demands such as lead, zirconium, and you probably know about the chemicals that are being sprayed in our atmosphere.....Aluminum (WAY past the limit considered safe), Bariuim, Strontium, and Mercury. Mercury is the most toxic metal that harms our bodies. It is also found in amalgams/ silver fillings in our teeth. Today most doctors now use a ceramic type filling. The mercury still should be removed. I have a few mercury fillings, one is quite large. Now, I have to get up the 'nerve' to get the whole tooth removed. Other issues are at stake as well. My tinnitus is roaring now! (sigh!)
The best detox for amalgams is to take DMSA, (I order from Amazon.com), and for the tinnitus I must avoid caffeine. I do drink at least one cup per day, to stay awake. smirk So back to your situation, please stay away from things that aggravate the tinnitus. Naproxen Sodium does bother my ears. Can you contact your Doctor or Health Care Physician and get advice from them?
We are all made so differently, that it is not easy to know what is best for one or worse for the other. I just read an article and it said, "Tinnitus is rarely completely removed."
So, be careful what you are eating, drinking, (caffeine), and the supplements.
Do you have amalgams in your teeth? They should be removed as soon as possible. One product that Russ Tanner sells over here is ALGIN. That is a supplement that absorbs Heavy Metal Ions and encourages bulking Action for Normal Elimination. GREAT PRODUCT!

You can contact Russ by clicking on his name, as you see in the 'Who's Online' column, (left). He does work on other forums so please be patient and he will get back with you as soon as he comes back here, and sees if you've decided to ask his help. Take care. You are not alone. Millions of people suffer with tinnitus on a regular bases. ~~(I am turning the light on in case Russ wants to check on this.)

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." [John 14:6]