This workshop focuses on practical applications and preparation using essential oils and botanical extracts.
Learn about the olfaction process, quality testing, essential oil chemistry, physical and emotional concerns, blending techniques, and recipes.
This hands-on course includes a course workbook and 2 lecture DVDs, 8 class hours, 16 lab hours, and a Certificate of Achievement.
This course qualifies for Continuing Education Credits (24 hours) for Licensed Massage Therapists.
Pre-requisites: Introduction to Aromatherapy (30 hours)
What You'll Learn
- The Essentials
- History of Essential Oils
- The Body Systems Approach
- Application Techniques/Methods
- Extraction Technology
- The Art of Blending
- Ailment-Based Uses
- Essential Oil Profiles and Recipes
- Providing Consultations
What You'll Receive
- Course Workbook
- A detailed 52-page course workbook guides you through the DVD lectures and provides valuable reference information.
- Lecture DVDs
- 2 long-playing DVDs feature Jennifer Hochell Pressimone, Holistic Aromatherapist, personally guiding you through the course material.
- Certification of Completion
- This course meets the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) Level II guidelines. When you complete this course, you will receive a Level II Certification from the JennScents Institute, which is recognized by NAHA.
We believe this course is perfectly suited for the following people:
Everyone Wishing to be a Certified Aromatherapist
If you desire to gain a respected certification and/or practice aromatherapy with more depth and efficacy, this course will propel you with the advance knowledge you need to make this ancient yet modern art come alive.
Licensed Massage Therapists Wishing to Earn Continuing Education Credits
This in-depth course qualifies all Licensed Massage Therapists for Continuing Education Credits.
JennScents Institute is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. NCBTMB Provider # 451338-10
Everyone Wishing to Improve the Quality of Their Lives and Their Families
Aromatherapy is a very relevant and useful technology that affects every area of life. This valuable course will empower you with the knowledge you need to more-effectively and more-safely care for yourself and your family. From higiene to health to safety to entertainment, aromatherapy can improve your life in ways you never imagined.
Table of Contents
- Review: Introduction To Aromatherapy
- Ancient Times
- Modern Development
- Essential Oil Properties
- Physiology (Limbic System)
- Body Systems Introduction
- Extraction Methods
- Choosing Essential Oils
- Odor Vocabulary
- Essential Oil Profiles
- Grapefruit, Pink - Citrus Paradisi
- Marjoram - Organum marjorana
- Clove - Eugenia caryophllata
- Vetiver - Vetiveria Zizanoides
- Ginger - Ziniber officinalis
- Thyme, sweet - Thymus vulgaris ct. linalol
- Bay Laurel - Laurus nobilis
- Helichrysum - Helichrysum italicum
- Mandarin, Red - Citrus reticulata
- Jasmine - Jasminum officinalis
- Inula - Inula helenium
- Oregano - Origanum vulgare
- Spearmint - Mentha spicata
- Niaouli - Melaleuca quinquenervia
- Basil, sweet, Ocimum Basilcum
- Lime, Citrus medica
- Cedar - Juniperus virginiana
- Choosing Carriers
- Aromatherapy Consultations
- How to conduct an effective session
- How to compile and interpret your information
- How to formulate a custom blend
- Education and Resources
- Final Blend - Something Personal
Course Return Policy: Any cancellation request of the JennScents Institute courses must be done in writing within 48 hours of purchasing the course, for a refund less a $25 processing fee.