This distinct course will teach you about various emotional concerns, aromatic remedies and practical applications.
Gain in-depth knowledge about how emotions can affect physical and mental concerns. For many people, this is the root of their health problems, illness or disease.
This hands-on course includes a course workbook, 8 class hours, 16 lab hours, and a Certificate of Achievement.
This course qualifies for Continuing Education Credits (24 hours) for Licensed Massage Therapists.
Pre-requisites: Introduction to Aromatherapy (30 hours) and Advanced Aromatherapy (24 hours)
What You'll Receive
- Course Workbook
- A detailed 50-page course workbook guides you through the DVD lectures and provides valuable reference information.
- Lecture DVDs
- 5 long-playing DVDs feature Jennifer Hochell Pressimone, Holistic Aromatherapist, personally guiding you through the in-depth course material.
- Certification of Completion
- This course meets the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) Level II guidelines. When you complete this course, you will receive a Level II Certification from the JennScents Institute, which is recognized by NAHA.
- Emotional Reference Sheet
We believe this course is perfectly suited for the following people:
Everyone Wishing to become a Certified Aromatherapist
If you desire to become certified and/or practice aromatherapy, this course will enable you move ahead with the knowledge you need to make this ancient yet modern art come alive.
Licensed Massage Therapists Wishing to Earn Continuing Education Credits
This in-depth course qualifies all Licensed Massage Therapists for Continuing Education Credits.
JennScents Institute is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. NCBTMB Provider # 451338-10
Table of Contents
- What is Aromatherapy?
- What is an essential oil
- Essential oil characteristics
- Safety Guidelines
- Limbic System, Olfaction and Physiology
- How does the limbic system work?
- How does scent affect our emotions?
- How Emotions Affect The Body
- General overview
- Organ association
- pH balance
- Circadian rhythm association
- Diseases and ailments
- Joint pain
- Heart problems
- ADD and ADHD
- How to Choose Essential Oils For Various Emotional Concerns
- Finding themes
- Understanding Essential Oils & Botanicals power
- Choosing oils
- Essential oil profiles
- Melissa (Lemon Balm) - Melissa officinalis
- Lavender - Lavandula angustifolia
- Cinnamon - Cinnamomum zeylancium
- Bergamot - Citrus bergamia
- Rosemary - Rosemarinus officinalis
- Ravensara - Cinnamomum camphora
- Oregano - Origanum vulgare
- Tarragon - Artemesia dracunculus
- Peppermint - Mentha piperita
- Bay Laurel - Laurus nobilis
- Myrrh - Commiphora myrrha
- Eucalyptus - Eucalyptus globulus
- Clary sage - Salvia sclarea
- Chamomile, Roman - Chamaemelum nobile
- Oakmoss - Evernia prunastri
- Vetiver - Vetiveria zizanoides
- Marjoram - Origanum marjorana
- Savory - Satureja montana
- *Galbanum - Ferula galbaniflua
- Formulation, Blending and Applications
- Flower Essences and Homeopathic Remedies
- What is a flower essence?
- What is a homeopathic?
- What role do they have on emotions?
- Can you combine flower essences, homeopathy and essential oils?
- Aromatherapy Consultations
- How to conduct an effective session
- Client intake form
- How to compile and interpret your information
- How to formulate a custom blend
- References and Resources
Course Return Policy: Any cancellation request of the JennScents Institute courses must be done in writing within 48 hours of purchasing the course, for a refund less a $25 processing fee.