This distinct course will teach you how to effectively choose and create natural skin care products using carriers, herbs, botanicals and essential oils.
Gain in-depth knowledge into various essential oil properties and benefits, carriers and herbs, and which to use for certain skin care types.
This course will help you effectively choose and create natural skin care products using carriers, botanicals, herbs and essential oils.
You will learn which essential oils are best for specific skin types, properties and uses of various carriers and herbs and how to effectively create a therapeutic skin care program.
This hands-on course includes a course workbook, 8 class hours, 16 lab hours, and a Certificate of Achievement.
This course qualifies for Continuing Education Credits (24 hours) for Licensed Massage Therapists.
Pre-requisites: Introduction to Aromatherapy (30 hours) and Advanced Aromatherapy (24 hours)
What You'll Receive
- Course Workbook
- A detailed 38-page course workbook guides you through the DVD lectures and provides valuable reference information.
- Lecture DVDs
- 4 long-playing DVDs feature Jennifer Hochell Pressimone, Holistic Aromatherapist, personally guiding you through the in-depth course material.
- Certification of Completion
- This course meets the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) Level II guidelines. When you complete this course, you will receive a Level II Certification from the JennScents Institute, which is recognized by NAHA.
- Skin Care Reference Sheet
We believe this course is perfectly suited for the following people:
Everyone Wishing to be a Certified Aromatherapist
If you desire to become certified and/or practice aromatherapy, this course will enable you move ahead with the knowledge you need to make this ancient yet modern art come alive.
Licensed Massage Therapists Wishing to Earn Continuing Education Credits
This in-depth course qualifies all Licensed Massage Therapists for Continuing Education Credits.
JennScents Institute is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. NCBTMB Provider # 451338-10
Table of Contents
- History of Aromatherapy
- Introduction to Skin Care
- How does the skin work
- Characteristics of skin
- Common skin care concerns
- How can aromatherapy benefit the skin
- Skin care facts
- Essential Safety Guidelines
- Skin Care Safety Tips
- Essential Oil Quality
- Pure vs. Synthetic
- Product and ingredient quality
- Skin Care Ingredient List
- Application Methods
- Body brushing
- Body powder
- Carrier Oils for Skin Care
- Skin Care Types & Conditions
- Essential Oil Profiles
- Lavender - Lavandula angustifolia
- Tea Tree - Melaleuca alternifolia
- Chamomile, Roman - Chamaemelum nobile
- Bergamot FCF - Citrus bergamia (bergaterpene free)
- Benzoin - Stryax benzoi
- Patchouli - Pogostermon patchouli
- Carrot Seed - Daucus carota
- Myrrh - Commiphora myrrha
- Frankincense - Boswellia carterii
- Cinnamon - Cinnamomum zeylancium
- Yarrow - Achillea millefolium
- Ylang Ylang - Canaga odorata
- Geranium - Pelargonium graveolens
- Rose - Rosa damascena
- Rosemary - Rosemarinus officinalis
- Coriander - Coriandrum sativum
- Skin Care Product Making
- How to blend
Course Return Policy: Any cancellation request of the JennScents Institute courses must be done in writing within 48 hours of purchasing the course, for a refund less a $25 processing fee.